As you prepare to say goodbye to your rental home, it’s important to follow our checklist of criteria to ensure you don’t forget anything. From properly cleaning your carpets to making repairs to damaged areas of the property, failing to complete these steps could cause you to lose a portion of your security deposit. Take some time to carefully review your responsibilities, as set forth by your lease with us. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our office for additional assistance.
Remember, if you’re planning to vacate the premises, we need you to submit a signed copy of your intention to vacate a full 30 days before your departure. Please download the attached PDF, complete the document fully, and submit it to our offices before the deadline.
- We are unable to complete an exit inspection until all personal belongings have been removed and all keys and remotes, including those you may have provided to relatives or friends, have been returned to our office.
- The final rent will not be pro-rated and cannot be deducted from the security deposit.
- Once keys are returned to the office, you will not be allowed to re-enter the premises to clean or make additional repairs.
- We will complete the security deposit reconciliation as quickly as possible; however, it can take up to 30 days. We are unable to provide information regarding the status during this time.
- Be sure to advise Real Property Management of your forwarding address and forward mail to your new address.
- Any disputes concerning the final security deposit reconciliation must be submitted in writing and will not be addressed over the phone.
Below is a list of items to attend to prior to vacating the premises; this can prevent delays in returning your security deposit.
- Carpets must be professionally shampooed and the receipt turned into the office along with keys. Please be sure to have the carpets shampooed and not just steam cleaned.
- Interior and exterior of cupboards, shelves, and drawers must be wiped clean.
- Walls and doors should be cleaned of any marks, fingerprints, and stickers or other decorations.
- Interior and exterior of all appliances must be cleaned including the inside of the oven.
- Interior and exterior of all windows, blinds and sills are clean.
- Any furniture, curtains or other items included with the property are in their original positions
- All garbage, debris and personal belongings are removed from the premises.
- The garage is cleaned out and free of all trash and grease marks/oil stains are removed from car space/garage.
- Bathrooms are thoroughly cleaned with any mold and soap scum removed from tile and grout. Toilets are to be cleaned inside and out and the bathroom floors must be mopped.
- When applying touch up paint, please make sure that the color matches and is the correct sheen. If touch up paint does not match, it will have to be corrected by our vendor and the cost will be deducted from the security deposit. Keep in mind, minor scuffs and small nail holes are considered normal wear and do not need to be touched up.
- Landscaping must be free of weeds, unwanted grass, and other debris or trash. Trees and bushes must be trimmed where applicable.
- Ceiling fans should be cleaned of any dust and/or cobwebs.
- Replace any missing or burnt out light bulbs and smoke detector batteries.
- Sweep out and clean any storage and/or shed space.
If you would prefer to have our vendors complete the cleaning and/or carpet cleaning, please let us know and the cost for services can be deducted from the security deposit.
Clean Vents __________
Vacuum cobwebs ______
Dust above doors ______
Scrub Walls __________
Clean Vents ____________
Vacuum all carpets ______
Sweep non carpeted _____
Mop/Scrub Vinyl ________
Clean under Refrigerator__
Clean all knobs _______
Clean door jamb _____
Sink /tub/shower _______
Walls / windows _______
Vacuum Tracking ____
Stove stop/ burner pans __
Stove hood ____________
Cabinets in/out _________
Counter tops / sink ______
Grass mowed __________
Leaves raked & bagged ___
Garden/Beds weeded _____
Concrete degreased _____
Lights working _________
Trash hauled off ________
Do not leave bags at the rental
Clean all Light Fixtures ___
Sweep Porch’s _________
Sweep Garage _________
Sliding Glass Door_______
Sweep Laundry ________
Smoke Detectors & Batteries ______